12/01/2014

Perfect client

Hmmm… Is there a perfect client? You would expect that it’s you, but I think that's just like a doctor who is sick. That does not work!

Over the last 4 years I’ve had great clients, not so great clients and everything in between. Sometimes it’s nice when a client knows exactly what they want, but it can also be awesome to have all the freedom to do what you want. I think it’s different for everyone (duh).

What I personally really appreciate when a client realizes the value of your work. I think the biggest frustrations of most creatives is that people don't understand how much work it is. Just because it’s our passion doesn’t mean we don’t want to get paid for it.

It’s great when it’s someone I WANT to work for and when I’m proud of the end result. Sometimes this happens at once, but it can also be very satisfying to finally find what they’re looking for after 101 sketches. It can also be really nice when a client pays generously or increases you brand awareness. But designing for causes can also be really grateful.

No, I don’t think there’s a perfect client, but in every project a perfect moment. A click between client and design, an end result that even surprises yourself, when you find your design in a magazine, and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment